AIBM ONLINE AND MOBILE BANKING FAQS
American Investors Bank and Mortgage never asks for full account, card or Social Security number via outbound phone call, voicemail or email. Authorized calls from AIBM may ask you to provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number, but never an entire number. If you receive a phone call or message requesting a full account, card, PIN or Social Security number, do not provide your information. Report the incident immediately to AIBM at 952-938-6520.
LOGIN IN AND ACCOUNT SECURITY
Is my personal information safe with AIBM Online and Mobile Banking?
Yes. Your personal information is safe with us.
- We use advanced encryption and monitoring technology.
- We secure your accounts with your unique Access ID, Security Questions and Password.
- We never request personal information through email.
- And we never store your personal banking information on your phone
Use strong online passwords
We never request personal information through email.
And we never store your personal banking information on your phone
Click with caution
Never open or download attachments from unverified sources.
Never click on links sent in unsolicited emails. Instead, type the address into your internet browser or copy and paste the URL.
Install and maintain anti-virus and firewall software on all computers.
Keep your computer updated with the latest releases of operating systems and web browsers.
Protect your information
Protect your Social Security number. Don’t carry your Social Security card in your wallet or write your number on a check.
Don’t give out personal information on the phone, through the mail or over the Internet unless you know you are speaking to a trusted source.
Keep your personal information in a secure place at home.
What if I forget my password or Access ID?
Just choose “Forgot Password” from the home screen or call 952-938-6520.
If you forget your password we’ll help you create a new one.
If you forget your Access ID we’ll retrieve it for you, call 952-938-6520.
How do I unlock my account?
If your account was locked after incorrectly entering your password or incorrectly answering your security questions call 952-938-6520.
What happens if my phone is lost or stolen?
Don’t worry, we can help. Call 952-938-6520 regarding your lost or stolen device.
How do I set up an AIBM Mobile and Online Banking Account?
You must first register as a First Time User for Online Banking. You’ll be asked to choose an Access ID and password, and then select 3 security challenge questions from a list.
You only need one Access ID and password to log in to both Mobile and Online Banking.
BANKING VIA MOBILE APP
What is the AIBM Mobile app?
The Mobile app is a free, downloadable smartphone application that lets you see transaction on your accounts, transfer money, pay bills and deposit checks. You can get to the app easily through a shortcut on your phone’s home screen.
- Deposit checks using your phone
- Pay bills
- Transfer money between accounts
- See your balances and account history
- Find the nearest branch or ATM
Which smartphones or devices are compatible with AIBM Mobile apps?
- All iPhone models 3 and above
- Android versions 1.6 and above.
Note: BlackBerry® and Windows® smartphones do not currently support Mobile Capture Service
How do I get the AIBM Mobile app?
The AIBM Mobile App is available for download through AIBM Online Banking. You can also visit the app store for your iPhone® or Android™ and search for “American Investors Bank and Mortgage.”
How do I set up the AIBM Mobile app?
After the application has been installed on your phone you can use the same access ID, security questions & answers, and password you set up through AIBM Online Banking.
How do I update my AIBM Mobile app version?
First check your device or app store for notices about version updates. If an update is available, follow the simple instructions.
How much does it cost to use the AIBM Mobile app?
Our app is free.
What is Mobile Capture Service?
Mobile Capture Service, available through the AIBM app, lets you make a deposit from your iPhone or Android smartphone by taking a picture of your check.
How do I sign up for Mobile Capture Service?
Contact an AIBM banker at 952-938-6520 to request access to Mobile Capture Service.
How do I use Mobile Capture Service?
To use Mobile Capture follow these steps:
- From the bottom menu bar select Deposits.
- Select “New Deposit.”
- Select the Account for the deposit and enter the amount of your deposit.
- Take a picture of the front side of your check, make sure your image is clear and contains all four corners of the check. If not, select Retake. Once image is acceptable, select “Use.”
- Take a picture of the back side of your check, make sure your image is clear and contains all four corners of the check. If not, select Retake. Once image is acceptable, select “Use.”
- Confirm your deposit information.
- Answer “Do you wish to deposit this check” with Yes or No.
Why am I being told the picture of my check has “Poor Image Quality”?
To improve the image quality of the check, ensure the following:
- There is a strong wireless Internet connection
- The picture, including your signature, is clear
- All four corners of the check are showing
- The lighting is strong enough to see the check details
- Your check is placed on a dark background
- The picture is taken from directly above the check and holding the camera still
Which accounts can I use to make deposits?
- All eligible deposit accounts opened after signing up for Mobile Capture are automatically added to the service. Only eligible deposits accounts are viewable in Mobile Capture for deposits.
- Accounts undergoing fraud investigations may be removed from Mobile Capture Service.
Can I make as many deposits each day as I would like?
You can make as many deposits per day as you would like, but the total deposit amount cannot exceed the daily deposit limits.
What are the deposit limits?
Daily Limit is $5,000. Check Limit is $5,000.
What is the deposit cut-off time for Mobile Capture Service?
The deposit cut-off time is 3:00 p.m. CST, Monday through Friday. If you submit after 3:00 p.m. — or on a non-business day or holiday — your deposit will be processed the next business day.
Should I take a picture of the front and back of my check?
Yes. Both images are required to make the deposit.
Do I need to sign the back of my check?
Yes. Please sign the back of your check and include ‘For AIBM Mobile Deposit Only.’
Which smartphones or devices work with Mobile Capture?
Mobile Capture supports:
- iPhone models 3 and above
- Android versions 1.6 and above
- Blackberry® and Windows® smartphones do not currently support Mobile Capture Service
How much does it cost to deposit checks using Mobile Capture Service?
There is no fee for each deposited check.
What do I do if Mobile Capture Service crashes?
Mobile Capture may crash due to low memory. You can try these suggestions:
- Close all applications, try again
- Clear cache, try again
- Restart the device
- Make sure you have updated your Mobile app to the latest version
What is AIBM Bill Pay?
Bill Pay is a free bill pay service that lets you make payments to anyone in the U.S. from your AIBM checking account. Once you’ve signed up for Bill Pay you can make payments with the AIBM Mobile app or Online Banking.
How do I sign up for AIBM Bill Pay?
When you set up your Online Banking account, you can also sign up for Bill Pay at the same time. You’ll automatically have access to Bill Pay in Mobile Banking.
To sign up later for Bill Pay, log in to AIBM Online Banking and click “Bill Pay” on the left sidebar. Then click on “Enroll Now” and follow the instructions to apply. Once enrollment is complete, you can access Bill Pay from the AIBM Mobile app or Mobile Web.
How do I use AIBM Bill Pay?
If you’re already using Online Banking, signing up to pay bills is easy. You can pay bills in Mobile or Online Banking with a smartphone or on a computer.
Follow these simple steps to pay your bill(s) using Mobile Banking:
- From the main screen, select “Payments” at the bottom and select either “Pay eBills” or “Pay other People” depending what you would like to do.
- Based on your selected payment method (Pay eBills or Pay other People), follow the steps provided by the app to send your payment.
- Note: I: If the “Pay To” contact or biller name is not listed, you will need to add the biller through the AIBM Online Banking site.
- Select “Make a Payment,” select a biller, Select ‘Yes’ to pay this biller, select account to make payment from and enter amount, select a date, and to finish, confirm payment.
Most scheduled payments can be made in 1-2 business days. Select “Change or Cancel Payments” from the “Pay Bills” screen if you would like to change cancel a payment.
Are there a limited number of payments I can make with Bill Pay?
No. There is no limit to the number of bills you can pay.
How do I add a biller in Mobile Banking?
You can only add billers through Online Banking.
How do I change or delete a biller?
You can only change or delete a biller through Online Banking.
How do I schedule recurring payments to a biller?
You can only schedule recurring payments to a biller through Online Banking.
How do I change or cancel a scheduled payment to a biller?
You can change or cancel edit any scheduled future payments from the “Pay Bills” screen. Select “Change or Cancel Payments” from the “Pay Bills” screen. Most scheduled payments can be made in 1-2 business days.
To edit, cancel or manage Payments, you may also log in to AIBM Online Banking.
How much does it cost to use Bill Pay?
AIBM Bill Pay is free.